DHAROHAR - Keep Your WILL in Safe Custody
Latest Initiative of Agewell Foundation
Every one must write his/her Will so that his/her dependants, relatives, friends or any other close could avail legacy (inheritance benefits).
This is advisable by the law. This is also the law of nature. Inheritance when distributed by the owner to inheritor, not only gives immense satisfaction to the lawful owner it also leads to a harmonious and peaceful life for the inheritors.
At Agewell Helpline we are constantly asked to keep their Will in safe custody. So far we have only advised old people to write their will, but now Agewell has started an innovative scheme to extend a helping hand to old people in the name of Dharohar – Keep Your WILL in Safe Custody”.
Why Dharohar for Older Persons?
Writing a Will and keeping it in a safe custody is need of the hour. It has been seen that when family members and relatives of old people came to know of his/her Will details, they make it a bone of contention. This leads to family quarrels and tension in their lives. Older person looses his peace of mind in old age and is discomforted in many ways.
Often, people find it very difficult to satisfy all legal heirs with his/her Will. Therefore it becomes impractical to expose their Will details in front of concerned people /family members, etc.
Indeed Will is not only a legal document, but also a sensitive document. Its safety is very important. Therefore it must be kept with trustworthy people always. But older persons are always skeptical about some of their family members and relatives. They always fear about safety of their Will, reaching their Will in the hands of wrong / distrustful people. Many older persons opt bank lockers or their solicitor to keep their Wills, but for these facilities they have to pay higher rent on monthly/yearly basis for a long period, even for their entire life. This discourages older persons to hire a bank locker or hire services of any advocate. And in absence of assurance of safety of their WILL majority of older persons prefer not to write any Will, which at the later stage causes family feud, mental tension and conflict in life.
Safety of the WILL in Old Age remains a major concern of Older Persons. Realizing this Agewell Foundation, has launched yet another pioneering scheme for older persons “Dharohar – Keep Your WILL in Safe Custody” with an objective to ensure stressfree and peaceful old age for all.
Main features of the Scheme:
- Dharohar – Will Safety Scheme is open to all.
- Sealed envelope with WILL document can be deposited with Agewell Foundation for safe custody by Will-maker in person in presence of 2 witnesses. Alternatively Will maker will hand over sealed envelope with Will to Agewell Representative at his/her place personally in presence of 2 witnesses.
- Two alternative names (inheritors/solicitor or any trusted persons) to be mentioned on the envelope for handing over the sealed WILL document to the assigned persons in presence of witnesses after demise of Will maker.
- Will-maker will be issued a formal receipt for Will Deposit under Dharohar Scheme
- Will-maker can ask for his Will-Document envelope for making changes/amendments as and when he/she desires in presence of 2 witnesses.
- Agewell Foundation will keep his/her Will in safe custody for a one-time fee of Rs. 1500/- only.
- Name and contact details of 2 persons on Envelope, to whom will writer wants to handover the will after his/her demise.
- Agewell Foundation will also assist older persons in making a Will. Draft of Will is available with Agewell for older persons.
Media Reports on Agewell's Latest Initiative - Dharohar